|Position Title:||Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist||Department:||Accounting|
|Reports To:||VP of Finance||Work Location:||East Brunswick|
|The Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist is responsible for assessing key business trends, understanding their implications, and working with the business on tactics and strategies to maximize performance. A key responsibility will be to take data/inputs and turn them into information and output, that leads to positive outcomes for the enterprise. A strong candidate will be able to synthesize and present the data in a way that helps management understand the market landscape leading to positive results. Collaborating cross-functionally, possessing a creative problem-solving, mindset, and showing a strong curiosity about what drives results are critical success factors for the role.|
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities:|
|• Analyzes business trends and what they imply for future results
• Assessing Risks and Opportunities based on current performance and trends
• Leads and aligns financial forecasts and long-range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-making around strategic business initiatives.
• Analyze and present monthly performance results and develop a commentary on variances including a clear understanding of the impact on business performance historically and on a go-forward basis
• Develop and distribute reporting in conjunction with the VP of Finance that provides clear analytical results including key drivers underpinning the results.
• Develop KPI metrics and other tools to evaluate performance across the business.
• Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends, and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
• Performs customer and product profitability analysis. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth/margin expansion.
• Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency in technical tools and financial systems (Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP).
|Required:||B.A./B.S. in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college or university|
|Required:||• Minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant accounting/finance work experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
• Managerial experience and ability to develop others’ desired
|Specialized Training or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications Needed:|
|• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience; pivot tables and the v-lookup function|
|Company / Industry-Related Knowledge:|
|• Excellent Leadership skills: Ability to lead a team and/or work with cross departments|
|• High Organization Skills; Prioritizes Very well – flexible to work on new important Initiatives|
|• Clearly articulates the status of all deliverables of the Department|
|• Finds efficiencies in Operations and Analyses, while maintaining high compliance|
|• Strong Collaboration, Communication, Verbal, and Written communication skills|
|• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills|
|• Demonstrates innate curiosity about the business and what drives performance|
|Physical Requirements:||Able to sit for long periods of time|